Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking for parts for my Astra H. I found a car in-colour (Z3KU) at a breakers in a drivable distance.

My only concern is that the car at the breakers is an SRi and mine is a standard Design 1.8 Petrol. Is the hatch and bumper interchangeable on these models? For whatever reason I thought the SRi was a little more scooped at the back.

Cheers
Jon

Edit: Added pics for show and tell. FWIW Insurance have written it off but there's nothing up with the car other than the bumper and tailgate. The chassis is fine and other than the nearside lamp which is fairly easy to get, that's it.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
5door hatch tailgates are all the same,
rear bumper should be ok other than it'll probably have a small cutout for the tailpipe and possibly parking sensors

Reactions: _mocool_

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
408 Posts
Hi

I am looking for parts for my Astra H. I found a car in-colour (Z3KU) at a breakers in a drivable distance.

My only concern is that the car at the breakers is an SRi and mine is a standard Design 1.8 Petrol. Is the hatch and bumper interchangeable on these models? For whatever reason I thought the SRi was a little more scooped at the back.

Cheers
Jon

Edit: Added pics for show and tell. FWIW Insurance have written it off but there's nothing up with the car other than the bumper and tailgate. The chassis is fine and other than the nearside lamp which is fairly easy to get, that's it.
View attachment 35525
View attachment 35526

between the sri and design is trim level, sri has got sport button and front electric window and bigger wheels 18" from factory...design has got front n rear electric windows auto lights auto wipers the bodyworks are still the same

my astra h estate club 2008 i fitted the front bumper from sri ...that bumper lower part has got splitter fitted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive always asked my self why do people cover up the reg plate in photos 🤫🤫
Two reasons. The first actually happened to me in that I posted some years ago a crash damaged Fiesta I had. Turned out someone cloned the car and I had two speeding tickets through before I'd figured it out. As both offenses were way up North and I have no business being there and I was way down South, I figured they only could have come across it on my public forum post. It took a long ol' time to get that sorted though and attempting to prove it. The police were really uninterested as they didn't believe me and the DVLA even less so. I was actually still fighting the first ticket when the second one came through and I actually was able to prove I was away at a conference that day way down South at the other end of the country, complete with car park where you had to give registration details. When they finally gave me the photographic evidence for that second one, there were stickers on my car that weren't on the cloned car. Mine had a GB sticker and a band logo on the back window. The other car had no stickers. So yeah, I don't really fancy that experience again. I ended up having to nurse three points for the first ticket too as it couldn't be proven either way for four years. The second ticket they gave into after the car park evidence and various bits to say I was actually there. Nobody was interested in the photographic evidence of my car complete with stickers.

It was a good while ago now and it's in the past, but no need to invite myself to that bs again. While I'm sure it's a rare thing to happen and maybe things are better these days, the Astra is a fairly common car.

The second reason is more if someone sees a car on a forum like this that ends up getting scrapped, there's the potential to take its identity too.

That's pretty much it. While I may have agreed it's a bit daft and no real need, the fact is given I've had a car been cloned before sure does leave a lasting impression.

·
Registered
814 Posts
its not daft and i would accept say a range rover or any high end car getting cloned but old astras n corsas and stuff like that you must be some sort of scumbag if you need to clone an old car just to use to drive around .theres alot lot of weird puppies out there.😀😀

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No

1 - 9 of 9 Posts