Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum here, I got my Astra H 1.7 SXI CDTI Estate about 2 weeks ago and have got a couple of small problems with it now. One is a major problem that I am hoping that a claim to the highways agency will sort (cracked gearbox mount and casing) but on top of this I have a problem with my boot.

I've looked on the forums here and have seen something about if it's the fuse the rear washer/wiper won't work, well both of my washers and wipers work front and rear but my boot won't open. I have climbed into the boot and opened it from the inside but when you press the button/pressure pad on the boot outside it doesn't activate the solenoid. Can anyone spread any light on this for me?

What do I need to check to see if it is solenoid or switch? Someone said about putting a bridge wire between 2 wires and seeing if it triggers the mechanism. My solenoid has 3 wires coming from it, 1 black and 2 brown wires. What wires do I short to test or what wires on the solenoid do I need to connect a test meter to to test to see if there is power coming down the wire from the switch. I basically want to identify what it is and then get up the scrap yard and get a replacement part. I may even see if I can get a gear box from the breakers too.

Additional to this, and also a bit off topic, I have a sports mode button on the dash, what should I expect from this being switched on as I don't feel any difference on the pick up when I put my foot down?

Any help and advice given is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pull the seats down, there's a small grommet in the boot trim. Pull that out and you need a large flat head screw driver to turn the lever.

Once open, remove all trims to locate the connector on the outer handle trim. Remove this and use a pin and touch both wires together on the loom, if you hear the latch work then you have a faulty outer switch

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
With it being an estate you will have extra wires for the number plate lights. From the switch u shod have a blue with a yellow trace wire if you bridge that wire to the brown one you should hear the catch make a noise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts