Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've decided this month is going to be the month of cheap, easy mods. I'm planning on fixing my grille, as the surround fell off when I cleaned the car a week after fitting it, and never got round to fixing it... Getting some ice white LED sidelights (I no longer have my angels fitted and at the moment, I'm not sure I'm going to fit them again. Quality was shocking) and ice white interior LED bulbs and maybe one or two other small little things... but the first of my mods was the boot strip.

I've been contemplating doing it for a little while, and wasn't too sure if I should colour-code it, or paint it a different colour to stand out, or if I even wanted to do it at all. I decided if I was going to do anything, I'd colour-code it, but wasn't too sure I'd like the outcome... even after photoshopping it, seeing other similar cars, I still wasn't sure. So I took the plunge, bought a second hand boot strip and sprayed it. That way, if I didn't like it, I still had the chrome to fall back on.

...and I'm happy to say, that even though I've done a pretty crap job of it, it's actually turned out quite well and I like it. Now all I need is a spoiler :mrgreen: So here are some pics:

Any comments welcome, other than the fact it's filthy. I'm planning on cleaning it tomorrow. :p

And I've always thought that it was great to have a place like this so near to home. I live on the London/Kent border, so where I live it's quite built up, and if you go any further in town, you don't see any more country side until you get to the other side of London... but about a mile or two in the other direction, there is some great country side. I know it's completely unrelated, but I thought I'd share some pictures I took while I was there taking the above:

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
looks good mate, just keep an eye out for it peeling. ive done mine twicw now. an it needs doing again :(

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looking good bud, nice subtle change that makes a big difference :thumbs:

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good mate, good choice in putting the bagdes back on, think it'd look to plain otherwise. (Y)
Definitely. I fixed the strip onto the car before I put the badges on it, as I wanted to see how it looked without badges... and it looked really, really plain. Badges do make it look much better :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts