Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!

I have a 2011 (astra J) with water coming into the boot lid.

A few months ago I discovered a small amount of water in the boot well. After sitting in the boot which we pulled apart and sprinkled the hose on the outside, we found that the crappy black rubber bungs? behind the rear lights (on the main body of the car, not the boot lid) were leaking. We sealed these up, checked again with the hose and were pretty positive that the leak situation was solved.

However, today I opened my boot after a few days of rain and was surprised to see a small waterfall coming from the inside of the boot lid, mainly noticeable because a small plastic opening (interior) just behind the lights has been missing since I got the car.

I know that there can be issues with water ingress from the wiper and the centre break light display, which I will be investigating, but any other places that could also be the culprit??

Thanks for any suggestions,
Alex

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Hi, I've asked a moderator to move your question over to the Astra-J part of the forum, as this section is just for introducing yourself (the name is the clue ;))

Questions need to go into the relevant sub forums.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts