Astra Owners Network banner

Which one?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All

my car goes into the body shop next week, and although for the last few months i know what i want doing to it, i am starting to doubt if its the right thing to do, so i would like your opinions please, good or bad.

so my car is having a vxr front bumber, xp skirts, xp rear splitter, xp spoiler fitted, my main idea was to get the lower splitter, grill, boot strip and mirrors wrapped satin black. my other option is instead of satin black go for carbon fibre but it seems to be have done to death lately although tempted to go with carbon fibre as its a safe option, my other option is just all colour coded.

below are some photo shops let me know what you think.

how it currently sits

Option 1

how i have got it priced at the moment and what the bodyshop is expecting to do

option 2

and some other ideas but at extra cost

option 3

option 4

my estate is lightning silver so tried to adjust photoshops above to reflect this.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am liking the more subtle look and just go for all colour coded, i did intend to go all colour coded when i bought the car, just thought i would try something different, but knowing me i wont like it then will cost more to get it all colour coded. i do like the wheels when the clean and shiney. so might just go for the clean luck, i suppose i can always add the darker bits later.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think i am going to go for colour coded, but going to have the grill, rear boot strip, mirrors, fog lights painted in a BMW metallic grey.. just to break it up a bit and would suit the lightning silver well. not doing the splitter now,

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah seen it on a 1 series this morning. Just need to find out the name of it

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The grey im talking about is called mineral grey b39. Think it will go well with silver lightning

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
How close is that colour to yours, the only reason I ask is you don't want it to close to the same colour as it may look like you didn't get a good match when painting the parts m8

Vxr'd 5 door Astra h Sri 2.0 turbo

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
other option is the insignia "technical grey" colour. similar to bmw, at the moment like the bmw colour....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts