Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bluetooth upgrade - cd70 retrofit

Hi,

I have had my Astra TT for a while now and now the only thing I am missing is a Bluetooth Radio.

I would rather convert the standard radio as I do not like the look of after market radios

I have a Vauxhall Astra TT 58 Plate 1.6 sport with a cd30 with 9 numbers

Can this be done?

Has it been done before?

What list of parts do I need?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
do I need anything else or just a new head unit and screen?

I have been looking on ebay and found a few cd70 navi for cheap and wanted to know what I need before buying

thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea where to get the control module and mic from cannot find any on ebay that say fit astra, Is there a full guide with parts list anywhere I found a guide but it doesn't tell you what you need and where to get it from :S

thanks

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,711 Posts
diagnostics.org.uk did have a parts and install quid for it( has some other useful info as well for other retro fits)

As for parts short of breakers or ebay you'll be out of luck, you can still buy them new but you'll pay top dollar for them from dealers.

but they do come up from time to time, not sure of the vectra ones will fit the astra but you'll more than likly find them than astra ones.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diagnostics.org.uk did have a parts and install quid for it( has some other useful info as well for other retro fits)

As for parts short of breakers or ebay you'll be out of luck, you can still buy them new but you'll pay top dollar for them from dealers.

but they do come up from time to time, not sure of the vectra ones will fit the astra but you'll more than likly find them than astra ones.
I will have a look on there cheers for the help mate.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
the factory bluetooth wont stream music tbh its crap my mrs has the factory one in her TT and still insisted on keeping the parrot mki9200 aswell.

Also you dont need a cdc40 or cd70 it will work with the cd30 however you do need at least the GID or CID screen for it to work.

keep an eye on german ebay for uhp modules i got mine for £60 with mic delivered brand new. If you do find one from a breakers the module is paired to the cars so need to make sure its been divorced properly if buying second hand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So if I buy a radio with cod screen paired. And then a separate module from another car can I get them all to work together? How do you devorve a radio from a car. Sounds weird lol

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
the factory bluetooth wont stream music tbh its crap my mrs has the factory one in her TT and still insisted on keeping the parrot mki9200 aswell.

Also you dont need a cdc40 or cd70 it will work with the cd30 however you do need at least the GID or CID screen for it to work.

keep an eye on german ebay for uhp modules i got mine for £60 with mic delivered brand new. If you do find one from a breakers the module is paired to the cars so need to make sure its been divorced properly if buying second hand.
just to update this, if you do buy a second hand UHP4 and you don't have the code, you can get round this if you can get someone with a tech2 to refresh the firmware then you won't need the code, also if you buy a paired cd70, cd30 etc with screen, but don't have the codes, they will still work in your car but with out the code you will not be able to program the UHP4 to them. you will need to get pecky to decode them for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
bluetooth upgrade - cd70 retrofit

Damn. So it has to come from an astra or it will not fit. Throws a spanner in the works lol.

If I buy it all can I get a programme other then tech 2 to pair it and stuff.

Who can decode them?

Can someone come and do it for me lol.

I didn't think it would be so hard. Guess that's why everyone goes for aftermarket radios. I just don't like the look of them they always look out of place.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right I've been digging around on eBay and found a seller that can sell me the radio screen Bluetooth module and aerial all from an astra will I still need to program anything or will this plug and play?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry should of used commas lol

Radio, screen, mic, Bluetooth module and aerial.

All from the same car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so seller won't post to me and is 150 miles away lol

Gonna have to go after market route I want it done before I go away at the end of sept.

Any suggestions I don't want it poking out looking out of place and I want the maps to be reliable and updatable and Bluetooth to good

1 - 20 of 119 Posts