As above guys whats best induction kit for the mk5 1.8 Sri

What do most folk use

Looking at spending bout 100 quid

What kind of gains would I see?

Cheers

·
Registered
564 Posts
you wont see much gains apart from slightly better throttle response, maybe 1-2 bhp if anything... also makes a nice sound :)

You have a few options at that price, K&N Apollo, K&N Panel filter with de-restricted airbox, other cone filters and then the Dbilas Flowmaster which most people rate as the best. But don't expect to see many gains because you won't get much :(

Hope that helps (Y)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I have one for sale sounded quality on my 1.6. Won't get anygains but sounds like your going faster.

The dblias kit is the best but expensive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
anyone fitted a carbon dynamics airbox?? any good, thinking of getting one fitted to my 1.8
universal fit box with custom hoses?

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Best to stick to standard box, vxr intake and k&n. Amanda saw 158 bhp from hers with just that mods. Open cones will sound good but wont gain any power, just as likely to loose. Enclosed or heatsheild is a good plan though

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got lucky and picked up a Flowmaster for £125 second hand :yippee:
Well worth the money - even if the panel was so filthy it took me most of an evening to clean it! Some change in noise, but throttle response is 10x improved.
Had a K&N Apollo before that, lots of noise, some improvement in response, was ok for the money I guess! :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
a 1.9cdti airbox? any different? can get 1 for £20
already have the standard box derestriced and larger intake, any difference to change it?

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Best to stick to standard box, vxr intake and k&n. Amanda saw 159 bhp from hers with just that mods. Open cones will sound good but wont gain any power, just as likely to loose. Enclosed or heatsheild is a good plan though
Fixed for you :lol:

Amanda's doesn't have a K&N either, just the VXR intake scoop and a tank full of Vpower :mrgreen:

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
1.9 box won't fit, it has the outlet facing the front so that it feeds.directly into the turbo without the need for the crossover pipe on the z20le turbo engine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Fixed for you :lol:

Amanda's doesn't have a K&N either, just the VXR intake scoop and a tank full of Vpower :mrgreen:
Oh me! 1 out lol

Really!? Thats some engine :D lol

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Oh me! 1 out lol

Really!? Thats some engine :D lol
Every little counts :lol:

I'm pleased with it, we do take great care of them both and NEVER abuse them - the RR day got me thinking I want to get more out it - thinking something along the lines of Mike's :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Ye if you think about it, mike made 164 odd with an exhaust, and a remap... Get ids map on it or a good custom one from courntey or something :D mass powwaaaa

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
If your after a custom map I'd speak to rs in Leeds much closer than Cs and you never hear a bad word about them

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
Sitech do custom maps, a little closer to home, and Simon really knows his stuff,really contemplating getting mine done there.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
Cheers - I'll keep them in mind.

Might go back and use Simon at Sitech, that's whos rollers we were on and he races his RS in the National Time Attack series. Used to work in F1 too ;)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Aye he knows his stuff. That rs was a weapon and a half!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've fitted a Courtenay Panel, VXR intake and de-restricted the airbox. Can definately feel the difference.

The VVT engine runs pretty hot so not sure an open cone would be ideal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts