Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after a headunit for my Astra H with satnav and the usual stuff but wanted to know which one people recommend and which if any still allow my trip computer to work. Not massively expensive please lol :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Double or single dinn?? And wat kinda price range you lookin at bud?? x

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I'd also be interested to know an answer to the original post too.

I myself am looking at sat nav headunits, been looking at Eonon headunits but prices seem a little steep.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Dont start another thread like this :angry:

Get an eonon unit. Keeps all your functions, has navi in it and looks oem. End of.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
OK then if that is your view, where do we buy them cheap ish then?

I have a thread in the Eonon section asking such question as I have found them with a price difference of £100, but conveniently the cheaper place (Eonon website) hasn't got them in stock!

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You dont. You want it you pay the price they set unless you get 2nd hand. Thats a new one out any way i think so its always going to be more

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are they just simple replacements like plug and play or do you need to do any wiring?

Are the Clarion nx501E any good?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'd also be interested to know an answer to the original post too.

I myself am looking at sat nav headunits, been looking at Eonon headunits but prices seem a little steep.
Good double din satnavs start at £550, very good ones £750

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
are they just simple replacements like plug and play or do you need to do any wiring?

Yes, but for less you can get the Pioneer AVIC-F930BT, better than the Clarion.

Use Pioneer satnav myself, very good. Nothing like the cheap mobile phone rubbish you get on unbranded generic units, Eonno, VXMMI, Zenec.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i use pioneer mine is the 2012 model blimmin amazing! 600 big ones but worth it. ive heard bad things about eonon. and headunits should be plug and play, i had to buy leads for my wheel controls and a cage tho x

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Just buy a Garmin/TomTom and be done with it. £100 tops for a decent one.

The stereo in the H is too low for satnav couldn't get used to it.

·
Registered
668 Posts

Just installed a nx501e myself this week and it is a quality unit like. Such an improvement to the speakers, iphone connectivity, sat nav, touch screen but depends how much u can get it for, as someone else has said the pionneer has dropped in price and thats a good unit too. Personally if ur going to spend 350 on an enonon save 150 more and get a quality unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts