Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car looks like crap with a lot of surface scratches. The car looked showroom quality when I got it 4 years ago, but scratches are appearing everywhere around the car and I need to take control of the situation. There's even loads of key scratches in and around the door handles! And I don't open the doors with the keys in my hands, so I am assuming the seller used a very good polish and wax which covered all the scratches up.

I don't know where to start when it comes to making the paint work look amazing, its always been a soap and go for me. I am after a buffer kit which is decent in price and under £50! I know my budget is very very low, but I am not after that perfect A star showroom look but something that will bring my cars paintwork back to life.

So its wash the car, make sure its free of any dirt. Polish the car with a buffer, than finish with a wax? I am assuming you only polish the car once or twice a year, but wax every 2 - 3 months?

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,669 Posts
Under £50 will buy you nothing powered by electricity.

A decent couple of polishes, some decent application pads and a cloth should come in under £50.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
If you're lucky you might get a second hand machine at that price but you'll need to spend the same again on polish and pads as a minimum

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
The cheapest machine polisher that's any good is the kestrel das6 don't be tempted by the cheapo Argos or halfords polishers they're **** and cheap for a reason

Also for someone who appears to be new to machine polishing I'd suggest sticking to dual action polishers as appose to a rotary machine as its much easier to do damage with a rotary that will mean paying out for painting

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cheapest machine polisher that's any good is the kestrel das6 don't be tempted by the cheapo Argos or halfords polishers they're **** and cheap for a reason

Also for someone who appears to be new to machine polishing I'd suggest sticking to dual action polishers as appose to a rotary machine as its much easier to do damage with a rotary that will mean paying out for painting
So something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Deltalyo-...669129?hash=item58c1455789:g:RtoAAOSwPhdVDAMv

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
That machine yes but I'd be looking at the kits from juicy detailing, clean your car etc as most come with compounds and good quality pads

As with all detailing there is no best compound it's all down to personal preference. I prefer scholl polish where as I know big dov prefers chemical guys

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay its between the DAS 6 or Das 6 pro. I know the Das 6 pro is more powerful than the Das 6 and has a longer cable, am I better off going with the Das 6 pro in the long run?

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Absolutely go for the pro I only have the dad 6 and will be looking at upgrading as it doesn't have the oomf to cut my rock hard paint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts