Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone bought my baby back in Oct11 ( this is how i bought her
)

not done alot TBH as the previous owner had done wonders to the motor which has been apart of AOC since it was bought brand new,

all i have really done is add a boost gauge

and change a few things around the engine including most recent fit a pre-cat replacement (best mod IMO)

The day i bought her

And now

finally had some troubles with the omega MV6 rims with the tyres not sealing so i went out and got a bargain on these SE2 rims without tyres for 90 squilla got them fitted untill i had the omegas refurbed

now summer is here(sorta) and the MV6's are all sorted here is what she looks like again with the MV6 back on with a fresh touch up job done

Finally here is a picture of my other astra hatch which i bought totaly standard and the end results were subtle IMO but well planed out lowered around 50mm on front 50 on back, cat back straight threw 2.5 inch system(cybox), GSi front and rear lights, Irmy airdam rear splitter one of 2 custom front coupe bumpers (number 2 is on the ACT) and thats about it really for the silver one!! (the day i bought the coupe and the day the silver one was taken of the road and broken)

Comments welcome :D

·
Registered
864 Posts
Very nice mate i love those omega alloys they suit so well im thinkin im gna hunt for some :)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
not realy a fan of the G but the op's bertone looks the nuts! :thumbs:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ah cool still sit so nice on your coupe i really like it. You got many updates planned more power or anythin?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah cool still sit so nice on your coupe i really like it. You got many updates planned more power or anythin?
ahh yes power is allready in process precat is on vxr cat section bluelfame cat back once i get a job then new tophat to IC all custom made 63mm ID then ontoa new turbo then a map of course aimin for driveability/power so 250ish

Sent From My Own Lil Galaxy

·
Registered
864 Posts
Very nice plans i like it. Did the pre cat make much noticable difference to power? Where you thinkin of goin for remap?

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice plans i like it. Did the pre cat make much noticable difference to power? Where you thinkin of goin for remap?
i noticed how much free it felt threw rev range and holds power abit better past 5.5k defo worth the 105 quid from scorpion. as for remapp im close to red.dot in enfield but courtney does somehow creep into my mind when i think about it so when the day comes ill decide then, ive spoken to them both and have said ive got a level head on as i want low boost levels but aiming for 250hp but dont want to stress the turbo to much, they agreed around 16psi is more than enough for what i want

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yummy, turbo upgrade!!! :lol: I do like how much neater the reverse airbox looks too, hope i get one for christmas!!! :lol:
thats the 2.2 ive got a 1.9 here aswell still choosin what one ima use lol hard to pick as everyone uses.tje 1.9 but i prefer the 2.2 for aome reason IMO it looka better so the 1.9 could be for sale!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ive recently heard bad things about red dot remaps mate. Ah cool i have noticed the drop after 5k the only downside is i got pre cat and main cat all in one :( meens more money to get what i want lol

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
every reputable tuner has bad and good reviews only way you find out is go there your self or ring em and redot for the price seem beter then courts and they can offer what i want where as courts tried to sway me into a stage 2 i want a custom setup done so reddot win there for customer service as they didnt question me!.

that drop you felel is at around 5250rpm it achieves max.power output and is startin to drop i notice with the precat gone it seems to hold till around 5800 tops but it does drop off massivly after 6k only option then is onto re profilrled cams or new ones made out of blanks to help the higher RPM figures

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so would high but im not after the high rpm power i prefer it to come in from around 3ish round to 6 no need as im not planning on taking into a race track, so if i could get mid range power up ill be more tha happy, but then ive heard good things about the XEV cam makes it that bit betetr threw the rev range and to around 7k

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
lil update:

cars is now off road due to loosing my job in october,

she has been all washed up and put away untill i get a job and some decent moeny behind me for insurance and a few mods to treat here when she is released!
(lol ive only just noticed my Nan standing in the background of the picture!)

and since she has been of road i decided to touch up some of my engine paint, (well tophat for now), once i get back down to the motor the inlet and exhaust mani are coming off cam covers is getting prepped and painted by my self and then onto maybe fitting a new vxr turbo why she is off road, hopefully got a good deal on a brand new unit from a mate at vauxhall!

tophat all redone

How engine looks all painted up,

The tophat in the engine picture has not got any lacqure on it but is still the same colour as the tophat in the other picture, jut the first picture has about 3 coats of high heat on there!

i will be going for a custom made 63mm ID from TB to IC one day but for time being colour coding doesnt seem like a bad idea, (all the colour coding on the engine is a custom mixed paint all brushed on and finished in high heat laqure all done by my self.)

Hopefully this wont be the last update this year but you never no what happens.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts