Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know any where i can get my steelies banded? Want them for my snow tires ;)

Preferably up north east

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
am with nello on this one, skinny tyres are better in the snow than big fat ones, just looks at the WRC snow/ice tyres, almost half as thick as the tarmac/ gravel ones,

there's a few places down this way that would do them, theres a few in falkirk but not sure abouts up your way.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I guess banded steelys would make good winter wheels not for any extra grip just for the smashing about in the snow :)

·
A.O.N. Chief Numpty - Lee
10,683 Posts
Not weaker, the weld is probably stronger than the steel itself...

Agree on the skinny bit, but if you want something for bashing about banded steels do look the dogs doo daa's, get them powder coated and you probably will never put alloys back on :lol: They will look cool...

You can get company's to make your normal steels banded but it ain't cheap IIRC

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ye i have skinney tires for my winter wheels but want them banded. I know you need skinny tires but i dont care. They hold worse than my normal tires in the snow so they are only to stop my alloys getting screwed and look half decent

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ye i have skinney tires for my winter wheels but want them banded. I know you need skinny tires but i dont care. They hold worse than my normal tires in the snow so they are only to stop my alloys getting screwed and look half decent
that was what i was trying to say befor lmao :)

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aye well am only after a place that does it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts