Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know, I complained to the dealer about the fuel sloshing in tank when full, they have now put it baffles in the tank to prevent this on warranty.

Other issues with water leak in boot now fixed, some wire was trapped under seal in the light housing which left a gap and damaged the seal, they now replaced the light housing and seal. Still need to test if this has indeed fixed it.

They checked high fuel consumption again and said there is nothing they can do as it falls in correct parameter so will have to live with that.

Also, checked if they were any software updates but nothing was done.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Good that you are getting progress. How did they put baffles in the tank? Surely the tank would need cutting open and resealing to do that?

·
Registered
377 Posts
how old is your car - mine is a 11 plate - and ots proving a nightmare to get anything done! My fuel sloshes around from full to half full. Hear bangs from the back when I brake etc - really annoying me now. Notice your in the south east which stealer did you go to?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
So vauxhall developed two different types of fuel tank for the MK6? one with baffles and one without?

am I the only one that thinks that a tad bit odd :sus:

·
Registered
377 Posts
very odd - and very annoying - especially considering my car was a vauxhall employees to start with - (BF reg starts with) - sometimes I do wonder about vauxhall!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just asked and apparently the baffles are spring loaded and collapsible. They remove the fuel pump and push it thought there then release. I suspect it's just some floater on top of the file to stop it from sloshing around.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how old is your car - mine is a 11 plate - and ots proving a nightmare to get anything done! My fuel sloshes around from full to half full. Hear bangs from the back when I brake etc - really annoying me now. Notice your in the south east which stealer did you go to?
Phoenix Wimbledon, where I got it from, march 2012 I got it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
apparently Vx stopped putting in the baffles in the fuel tank for (yeah you guessed it) cost cutting. but saying that, everyone thats ive heard of going back to vx complaing about the sloshing has had it sorted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
apparently Vx stopped putting in the baffles in the fuel tank for (yeah you guessed it) cost cutting. but saying that, everyone thats ive heard of going back to vx complaing about the sloshing has had it sorted.
got this issue on my 60 plate car, rung vx customer services and they say it can be sorted but my dealer is confused as they cant see the parts on the system to order? Going to ring vx customer services tmoro in the hope they ring my dealer direct and explain what it needs. Also how long did fitting the baffles take?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts