Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it all started day before yesterday when me partner rings and tells me cars just cut out and wont start.5 mins later another call its started right ooo go and put diesel in as t was pretty low i just put it dwn to that.all fine and dandy.then yesterday another phone call cars just shut down n the middle of the road and wont start greattt stuff so i left work pushed the car off the road tried starting it nothing soo an hour went on it finally starts i done a pedal test and got code ecn 33529 which belive s crank shaft sensor 007071 050074 213971 050071 cant seem to find out what these other codes mean so rang my local garage its going in tomorrow but then this mornin the car struggled to start aftercone turn too turns it started ddnt think to much of it .on my break i went to look at the car turned t over nothing bump started it fired up straight away took iit for a short run up and down dual carigeway and home turned it off then tried restarting it and nothing so does this mean my alternator is stuffed aswell as sensor or could the sensor code be due to the alternator failing the cars a 1.7cdti h 89k any ideas be most greatfull.matthew

·
Registered
299 Posts
My friend has an issue with his crankshaft sensor, the car wouldn't start if it was warm. Sounds very similar to your issue that the crankshaft doesn't know what position it is on and won't combust the fuel starting the car.

It was a easy fix on his Saab just replaced the sensor and it's worked since.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Mine went. 20 mins and a sensor later and no problem after that. Cost about £80 odd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts