Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys & girls,

Have been on here for a wee bit but thought I'd ask a question. I saw a Corsa 1.7 cdti recently with the same style of oval back box as the 1.9 astra which looked like a standard part rather than a 1.9 cdti Astra back box modified to fit and was wondering if such a back box exists since my Astra Sport Hatch is a 1.7 cdti aka the same engine is it possible to get said back box without having to go to VX and if so bearing in mind I'm in N Ireland, where can I go to get it for as with most 1.7 owners I have the "hidden" exhaust and would like either an end to fit over the hidden part to make it look the part a wee bit better or even a back box but even any of the ends to fit the downswept part of the exhaust seem to be ridiculously expensive. Grateful for any advice/pearls of wisdom anyone has. I know there have been posting on here before about back boxes for 1.7s but just wondering if anyone else had any new info on the matter.

Cheers

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
You should be able to pick up a back box from evilbay or from a breakers yard fairly simply buddy,
But I guess you will have to cut your bumper to allow you to fit it correctly

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,669 Posts
1.9 back-boxes fit onto the 1.9 with minimal modification. Any good exhaust fitters should be able to do this.

One word of warning though: the diffuser trim you'd also need does not fit onto a standard bumper, so you would need to find a salvage SRi bumper or buy one of those crappy alloy trims from Halfords.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts