Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right guys I have just seen in my van that it has the AUX connector behind the handbrake so I have bought the AUX lead to fit to it know the problem is the connection in the block connector in the radio as I had just a cd30 but have installed a cd70 navi that has AUX so the question is where do the wires go to

·
14,979 Posts
You have to swap the wires over - the aux is on different pins on the CD70, the map is on the top of both stereos which tells you which pin does what so it's just a case of checking and then moving them to the right place. You'll need a terminal tool to remove them from the connector.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the pins are in the quad lock mate but obviously on the cd30 left side instead of left for cd70

·
Registered
31 Posts
So where does the aux socket go, there is about 15 cm or wire, the main black little unit, where would that go. Glove box?

·
14,979 Posts
so the pins are in the quad lock mate but obviously on the cd30 left side instead of left for cd70
It's a while since I did mine, but you have to move the pins in the quadlock to match up with the stereo, assuming you have an aux capable CD70, not all of them were.

So where does the aux socket go, there is about 15 cm or wire, the main black little unit, where would that go. Glove box?
As standard it goes in the very back of the centre console by the cup holder. It was standard from 2008 but some of the very late MY7 vehicles were already using the later body loom with the wiring for it, it just terminated under the panel for the diagnostic port by the SRS module. This then joins with the dash loom to the back of the HU.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers, might have to get a longer piece of cable then, I have the socket, short wire then plug, ie, probably plugs near the obd socket,
Looks like I need the one from back of head unit to join the other plug, obd socket area.

·
14,979 Posts
It's part of the dash loom, but if you get the right pins you can populate the connector yourself to run your own loom, it's pretty easy. Can have the socket where you like then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So this is the headunit and cable, how and where does the 3 pin plug go in the back of the headunit, as they are all like 2 pins.

·
14,979 Posts
It doesn't.
That plug is designed to connect to a socket somewhere else in the loom, not directly to the HU.

If you look on the top of the HU it gives you the pin outs for the plug - Aux Left, Aux Right, and ground. It will probably be the three arranged like an upside down L towards the right. Look on the car side connector and you might find the pins are there, in which case you can tap in to them to run your own wire to where you want and link up with the small piece. Otherwises you need some wires with the right pins on them already to push into the plug, then chop the plug off the short lead and solder it to the three wires and hey presto.
Have you checked under the cover in the centre console to see if the socket it there for the three pin plug?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to get that to work you need to connect it to the grey foam cover socket behind the handbrake lift of the rear cup holder and this if it is there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts