Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm just hoping for a little clarification as I'm slightly puzzled. A couple of months ago my aux belt started squealing (and presumably slipping) on my 1.9 cdti 150. I sourced a new belt and tensioner using my rego, confirmed fitment with the retailer and then fitted them after comparing to the parts removed. When fitting the new belt the tensioner seemed to be right towards the end of travel and the belt was a bit slappy with the engine running. I didn't have a lot of time so I did the lazy thing and thought "**** it, it'll be ok" and just ran with it.
Time goes by and the belt has started making a god awful noise so I'm actually investigating properly. The belt is fitted in the same manner as this picture:

Motor vehicle Font Art Auto part Illustration

The belt fitted was a 1380mm which seemed as far as I could see to be the same as the one removed. The tensioner was this (Aux Belt Tensioner fits VAUXHALL ASTRA H 1.9D 04 to 11 Drive V-Ribbed INA New 4005108720238 | eBay) and seemed the same also.

So, what am I missing? From having a look about there seems to be a alternate 1.9 routing with 2 idlers. I'm certain that mine doesn't have the second one at the bottom right such as under the "m" below, so has mine just fallen off? It looks very tightly spaced between the crank and the aircon so not sure anything would fit although there's a bolt hole there (what do I know though?)

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Font

Anyhow, thanks for reading and for any clarity you can give.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. Still not got to the bottom of this but I am getting there. On investigation the clutch on the aircon compressor was seized so as the air con has never worked anyways I've removed that and sourced a shorter non-aircon belt. That and getting a a different new tensioner (that I'm certain is right) has improved the noise massively although it still sounds a bit noisy when pulling away at slow speeds. Need a day off. ideally with someone else about to continue and get this comprehensively sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts