Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: hi does anyone know if the door locks, - lock automatically on the SRi 54 plate once the car reaches a certain speed..? my old bmw did, i dont want to try and open the door myself... whilst moving :eek:

Is it an option you can program into the car..

Just wondering.
Cheers
Ken

·
Registered
585 Posts
My W reg Megane Coupe used to.. my 05 astra however doesnt!!
My 08 plate one doesn't either. I used to have it on my Leon and kind of miss it on the Astra. Been told that on facelifted ones this isn't an option to program by VX

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
hopefully that happylight stuff will sort it all out.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
My 08 plate one doesn't either. I used to have it on my Leon and kind of miss it on the Astra. Been told that on facelifted ones this isn't an option to program by VX
Who told you that?

I had it on my '08 SRi Derv and now have it on my '07 VXR

·
Registered
585 Posts
Who told you that?

I had it on my '08 SRi Derv and now have it on my '07 VXR
I was told by VX themselves although I think the dealer was telling porkies. How did you get it enabled?

·
Registered
639 Posts
If u use the search function on the forum ull find the true answer,
VX disabled the Auto lock on the mk5 astra as there was saftey issues if it, No VX garage which has a current upto date Tech2 can activate it, Tho There is some people who can activate it back street dealers who have different software. Or if you buy the Happy light show thing u can have it aswell. But no point asking VX as there not allowed to and has been disabled.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i thought it will auto lock above snails crawl,activated yourself.ive lost my handbook,but sure i saw it!
why lock your doors when your moving?you need them locked when your stopped surely?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have it on my 54 plate design as standard... it comes on around 5-6 mph

1 - 14 of 14 Posts