Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
How to split the inlet manifold mate? want to clean mine as well
They are two halves held together with allen bolts .... Of course you have to remove the inlet manifold first ... & depending on it's age .. it would most likely be best to replace it with the newer modified version which has a more reliable swirl valve mechanism ....

Dean

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why you should Blank your Egr off after having that nice shiny & clean manifold fitted as it won't take long for the [email protected] to start to accumulate .. ;)

Dean
run around with eml on ,no thanks ,,,,wheres all that **** to go when blanked off ?......answer .......manifold .......so why bother .......blanking it ........;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
true that lyk but vauxhall wont worry but should of looked into it after first problems were encounterd, my car jist short of 50,000 covered would na mind cleaning mine out like cud b winter projec.t

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
true that lyk but vauxhall wont worry but should of looked into it after first problems were encounterd, my car jist short of 50,000 covered would na mind cleaning mine out like cud b winter projec.t
could be m8 ,but big job ,yep vauxhall wont as you say........if you do decide to go ahead ,good luck ......stand back ....get ready ,breath deep .....and repeat these words 3 times ..........fork me ,fork me ,fork me ...:lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
run around with eml on ,no thanks ,,,,wheres all that **** to go when blanked off ?......answer .......manifold .......so why bother .......blanking it ........;)
Ummm i thought that was the manifold he is showing...so blanking it off means it wont go to the manifold....or am I missing something here...I am but a diesel virgin

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I haven't a clue how to get the manifold off!

Looks like you have to take the whole rail off!

I bet mines worse. :\

·
Registered
371 Posts
could be m8 ,but big job ,yep vauxhall wont as you say........if you do decide to go ahead ,good luck ......stand back ....get ready ,breath deep .....and repeat these words 3 times ..........fork me ,fork me ,fork me ...:lol:
Ha ha ha I'll mayb sell it instead

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well as my 888 has been to moon and back the new inlet manifold has clocked up 57,000 miles so I'm thinking it might be worth a strip down.......shocking pics tho bud !

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Great advertisement for diesel’s :err:

Constantly running up and down the motorway great, anything else umm, not a great engine.

Could use this for a stop smoking campaign… :shock:

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
I've seen plenty worse for the miles but it is bad. EGR blank is virtually essential in this engine and it will make for a cleaner manifold as you arent dumping old reburnt sticky soot back in to the manifold

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen plenty worse for the miles but it is bad. EGR blank is virtually essential in this engine and it will make for a cleaner manifold as you arent dumping old reburnt sticky soot back in to the manifold
so mr mg ,where does all crap go .....surely it stops in manifold ,or am i missing something also.....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great advertisement for diesel’s :err:

Constantly running up and down the motorway great, anything else umm, not a great engine.

Could use this for a stop smoking campaign… :shock:
as meatloaf sings ,YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH ........and no kissing involved:lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts