Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First post and unfortunately it's not under great circumstances.

my astra Vxr has been damaged on the side skirt under the drivers door, (was hit by a mobility scooter), how are the skirts removed and can a crack be fixed?

Thanks
Ben

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,669 Posts
I believe it's a couple of screws at the rear wheel arch (and possibly the front - I don't recall) but and mostly glue. Check the fitting instructions - there are some posted in the XP FAQ sticky at the top of the H section. I believe the best way to remove them is heat and some sort of tough but thin cord (such as they use in extreme sports), though I've never done it myself.

People can repair them with fibreglass patches - my front splitter was patched like this by its first owner. Though they're exactly the same as the 3dr XP skirts, so it might be cheaper or easier just to pick up a replacement from a scrapyard or eBay.

The above assumes you have a mk5 btw, no idea about the mk6.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's a couple of screws at the rear wheel arch (and possibly the front - I don't recall) but and mostly glue. Check the fitting instructions - there are some posted in the XP FAQ sticky at the top of the H section. I believe the best way to remove them is heat and some sort of tough but thin cord (such as they use in extreme sports), though I've never done it myself.

People can repair them with fibreglass patches - my front splitter was patched like this by its first owner. Though they're exactly the same as the 3dr XP skirts, so it might be cheaper or easier just to pick up a replacement from a scrapyard or eBay.

The above assumes you have a mk5 btw, no idea about the mk6.
its a 62 plate Astra Gtc Vxr so I assume that's a mk6?? As much as I'm a petrol head I've never been that into modifying or understanding how they're made until now.

Any help on this would be greatly revived so thank you guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts