Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some helpful Forum advise please, I am new to the van world and I have an idea on a couple of makes I am interested in, like VW Mk2 Caddy, but I am also interested in the ASTRA VAN Envoy, could anyone here advise me what too look out for when buying one of these vans, and what are the common problem that I might have to deal with. Any advise welcome.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Depends on the engine in the astra, if 1.7 dti then pump edu, crank sensor, oil pump pulley are the 'common' items.
If you want a bit more space and not bothered about it being van-like to drive, just get a caddy tdi with the AHU engine, best engine/drivetrain available for the money in my opinion for economy, reliability and longevity. Great engines and easy to up the power a bit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I managed to find a Astra Van Envoy 1.7 cdti going for £1600 with 110 on the clock. Looks in good shape, full service history, cambelt changed at 98.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
The 1.7 cdti's are pretty bulletproof as long as they have been looked after. I've owned mine since 44000 miles serviced it every 5000 miles and its now got 107000 miles on it general wear and tear. Only major things what's failed on mine are the gearbox!!! Which aren't cheap!!!! And the maf and map sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts