Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I've recently purchased a MK5 astra estate design and have realised that the door card strips and interior dash trim instead of the standard silver trims it has a grey wood / brushed metal kind of effect. I am wondering where I could get ahold of trims like this again or if they were custom made for the car? I bought 2 used door cards from a design and they have the silver strips on them, I plan to fiberglass the bottom part of it to hold midrange speakers as this is going to be a car audio project but I'm trying to keep the car as original as possible. I would transfer the trims over but they are plastic riveted and would prefer not to drill them out!

Thanks for your time.

I have not found anything online about these but some expired links for an advert for the door cards with the same trims on them: 5e33daa6405cd918192e49e3.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I think those style of trims were only used on early 2004/2005 Design models, maybe even the Elite. I had a 2005 Design a while ago now but it didn't have that style of trim.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not seen that type of trim before but it looks alright, I like that! Have you considered looking for a vinyl wrap with a similar pattern?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not seen that type of trim before but it looks alright, I like that! Have you considered looking for a vinyl wrap with a similar pattern?
Yeah that's the problem I'm facing mate it looks nice but nobody knows nothing about it so it obviously was something very limited from factory and there are no replacements for that furnish. Might consider drilling the plastic rivets out finding a way of putting the strips onto another doorcard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think those style of trims were only used on early 2004/2005 Design models, maybe even the Elite. I had a 2005 Design a while ago now but it didn't have that style of trim.
I think you may be correct. I have also looked in many other designs but it's only been this model I've seen with this kind of interior obviously only a limited amount were released like it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is if you found a sales brochure for the model year that your door cards etc came from, it may be listed in there. They usually have all the colours, interior options and custom extras listed in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts