Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so been on holiday for 11 days, left car at a friends. Drove it home fine, then it wouldn't start when I tried 2 minutes later.
Had battery of and had it tested, battery passed and is fine.
Turn key and you just hear a clicking noise.

Just wondering is there a way to take the electric handbrake of without the engine being started so It can be rolled to garage at end of street?
Had key in and tried to take it of but no response.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
3,904 Posts
The clicking sound suggests that the battery isn't giving enough cranking amps. If you can do a jump start from a healthy car that should get you going.

The electric parking brake can be removed manually if necessary. There is a thing hidden at the back somewhere that you turn with a socket or spanner to release it. Have never seen it personally but a couple of people on here have posted that they've done it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Surely as long as you can turn on the ignition, you can remove the handbrake. Ign on, foot on foot brake, press button, hand brake off if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Handbrake will not go of with ignition on, 3 different people have tested the battery and all say its fine. Ive now got a second mobile mechanic coming tomorrow to see if there is a problem with the electrics to try get it started!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does it try to start when you turn key? Do you get a single (relay) click when you turn the key? My J was in garage for on/off 3 months last year with intermittent non-starting issue, dealer replaced loads of parts, thankfully under warranty, they found issue to be faulty starter motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts