Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Astra J 2.0 CDTI Elite 2014
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Astra J 2014, which seems to be collecting water in the spare wheel area of my boot. The sides of the boot and boot liner seem to be dry and the back seats and roof are also fine. I think the water is coming in on the right hand side in the boot compartment ( see attached images). Underneath the plastic trim i can feel the foam is wet. The question is how do i take off the plastic trim to investigate further. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

As always any advice would be gratefully received.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
That panel is just clipped on, but from experience of Car Vision who removed it to fit my reversing camera, several of the clips will break during the removal. Less than a fiver to replace the clips however if bought from eBay.

Are the rear light clusters tight to the body work and the seal in good order? Another place to check is where the rear wiper passes through the rear window.

EDIT - here's a photo of the rear panel and where the retaining clips are.

Reactions: Johnd1881

·
Registered
Astra J 2.0 CDTI Elite 2014
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That panel is just clipped on, but from experience of Car Vision who removed it to fit my reversing camera, several of the clips will break during the removal. Less than a fiver to replace the clips however if bought from eBay.

Are the rear light clusters tight to the body work and the seal in good order? Another place to check is where the rear wiper passes through the rear window.

EDIT - here's a photo of the rear panel and where the retaining clips are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.