Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, i took delivery of my new car yesterday, a 2010 Astra Exclusiv 1.7cdti, now i have read on this forum and many other forums that you can enable a trip computer, i went to my local vx garage today and they basically laughed in my face saying it cant be done, i was wondering if there is anybody in Scotland that is able to do this?

Cheers, Andy

·
Administrator
3,914 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

On early Exclusiv models I think it can be done as long as you have the larger screen between the dials. Scrooge on here used to do them, but he doesn't any more. Not aware of anyone who does I'm afraid - maybe search eBay for anyone offering services. Or ask at local dealers, but make sure you're speaking to the techie not the sales staff or manager - officially Vx do not offer this service!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, i took delivery of my new car yesterday, a 2010 Astra Exclusiv 1.7cdti, now i have read on this forum and many other forums that you can enable a trip computer, i went to my local vx garage today and they basically laughed in my face saying it cant be done, i was wondering if there is anybody in Scotland that is able to do this?

Cheers, Andy
Any Vauxhall dealer should be able to do it...they just not aware of this...i spoke to 4 dealers and they said not possible...one said will give a try and it worked...i had it activated

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Trip computer is a 10 min job to activate. They just have to SPS the dials on "configuration and setup" set all to default to save time looking up the RPO codes then look for "driver information center" then change it to "yes" this will originally be set to "no" when "SET TO DEFAULT" has been entered.

On the later cars the sensor for both the header tank and washer bottle are missing and will bring CODE 3 and 174. If you make a bridge for the two pins on the plug the codes will go away. Unless you want to fit a new header tank and washer bottle with the sensors in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trip computer is a 10 min job to activate. They just have to SPS the dials on "configuration and setup" set all to default to save time looking up the RPO codes then look for "driver information center" then change it to "yes" this will originally be set to "no" when "SET TO DEFAULT" has been entered.

On the later cars the sensor for both the header tank and washer bottle are missing and will bring CODE 3 and 174. If you make a bridge for the two pins on the plug the codes will go away. Unless you want to fit a new header tank and washer bottle with the sensors in.
Thanks for the info Scrooge... I’m going to go along to my local dealer with this, and try to persuade them to give it a go!

·
Administrator
3,914 Posts
Just try another dealer, and show them what it says in post 6.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Just had mine activated at Eden Vauxhall in Reading. They were unaware of being able to do this, but showed scrooge’s post and no problems thereafter. Still took my £50 though!!!
Good to hear

·
Registered
119 Posts

is this for the upper combo trip which will display mph, fuel range left, and fuel consumtion on same screen

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks to Stampede I now have most things activated on my display. However, one screen is for the compass and when I try and set this it says I should consult the owners manual. I cannot find anything in there. I have sat nav fitted and this has a compass so setting this on the centre display should not be an issue. Does anyone know how to set this feature?
OldCroc

·
Banned
1,322 Posts
Thanks to Stampede I now have most things activated on my display. However, one screen is for the compass and when I try and set this it says I should consult the owners manual. I cannot find anything in there. I have sat nav fitted and this has a compass so setting this on the centre display should not be an issue. Does anyone know how to set this feature?
OldCroc
I just turned on all the sat nav menus for Tottybye he said they all worked fine on his trip home.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts