Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Astra J "Excite" Displaying Errors 18, 20 and 24 After Installing HIDs and LEDs

So I recently installed Canbus "error free" HIDs and LEDs into my Astra J "Excite" model. The HIDs are in the dip lights and the LEDs are in the number plate lights. Error 18 and 20 are indicating and left and right low beam failure, even though the HIDs are working without fault and the error 24 indicates a number plate light failure. Is there anyway to prevent these errors from displaying as all the lights are meant to be error free. I have tried putting the original bulbs back into the number plate, starting the car, stopping it again and then putting the LEDs back in, but this did not solve the issue either. Thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think that the only astras you can fit HID's and LED's to is the GTC & VXR all the other models dont like them hence all your error codes. Im sure other members will confirm this.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nothing to do with it not being a GTC or VXR, simple fact is there not oem, and not suitable for the car. HID bulbs are low resistence, so when the car does its initial checks it cant see the bulbs so thinks they have blown. Have a google and there are ways around this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah didn't think it was anything to do with it being a GTC or VXR but still weird as the error free bulbs work in most other cars. Possibly have to get additional error by-passers or something like that there. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts