Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So my wifes car 2014 astra J diesel estate 1.6ecoflex has a sticky caliper which im going to replace tomorrow (hopefully...) I know i will need to change pads and quite probably the discs as well. The disc did get very hot and has been driven for a while before she said anything to me. That said the disc shows no sign of burning or tarnishing or cracking. Should I change these out?

I was looking online for a procedure (wife will kill me if i dont get it all back together) and found this re the disc replacement. see link below.

which then links to a procedure for removing the caliper housing as shown below:

It seems to imply that i would need to replace the 2 bolts holding the caliper housing in place. Shown in step 6. Is this correct?

Or is there enough room to swap the disc out without disturbing the housing once caliper out of the way?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Best wishes,

New astra owner!

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
274 Posts
watch this help you>

swapping the caliper need to be bleeeding by pump brake pedal, because will get air lock

which it mean no brakes at alll...if doing the brakes at rear most is the same as the front, on rear but rear caliper

need to wind back the piston back in...on the front caliper just press in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts