Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

looking for some advice regarding my Astra j 1.4 and problem with the car feeling like it’s going to stall but doesn’t!

Usually happen during first 5 mins of starting car, when I slow down or come to a stop/junction it feels like the car is going to stall. Have to give it some revs then it seems ok again, then seems to disappear after approx 5 mins driving.
Any ideas what I should’ve looking for??

thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Evening all,

looking for some advice regarding my Astra j 1.4 and problem with the car feeling like it’s going to stall but doesn’t!

Usually happen during first 5 mins of starting car, when I slow down or come to a stop/junction it feels like the car is going to stall. Have to give it some revs then it seems ok again, then seems to disappear after approx 5 mins driving.
Any ideas what I should’ve looking for??

thanks.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Is it reading zero degrees on starting on cold starts?
Also have you checked oil isn't travelling with capillary action down the wiring loom from the oil pressure switch. Remove the connection plugs at a few sensors such as o2 sensor even the ecu and see if oil is there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it reading zero degrees on starting on cold starts?
Also have you checked oil isn't travelling with capillary action down the wiring loom from the oil pressure switch. Remove the connection plugs at a few sensors such as o2 sensor even the ecu and see if oil is there.
Yeah reads zero till warmed up to 90, most of trouble seems to be while car is warming up. I will check a few sensors see if I can see any oil.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
You may need to view live data from a cold start if you can.
Do you think this is from your earlier problem p0420 and the wiring loom repair your mechanic did?
Also is there any oil in the spark plug holes underneath the engine cover. The valve in the camshaft cover failing can cause similar problems.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may need to view live data from a cold start if you can.
Do you think this is from your earlier problem p0420 and the wiring loom repair your mechanic did?
Also is there any oil in the spark plug holes underneath the engine cover. The valve in the camshaft cover failing can cause similar problems.
i will check for oil in spark plugs tomorrow, could be from previous problem would have to take to a garage again as my mechanic has moved away now!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just seems strange it stops as soon as engine warms up, rather than being there all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts