Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just bought a 63 plate Astra J Estate, 1.7CDTi EcoFlex Design, which I am loving from a driving perspective! I have one small issue though.

My trip 'computer' just consists of a trip counter (which I had on my first car, a 1984 Metro!). I don't have access to any data on average speed, fuel consumption, range etc. I know that these functions are dependant on trim level but I thought that 'Design' trim had them enabled. Can anyone confirm, as I can't find any definitive information on this from the manual or online.

I know that it's possible to turn this functionality on with an OpCom. So I have now tried 2 Chinese cloned OpComs - both recognise that these functions are not enabled on my car but neither is able to set them up - I got programming errors on both when I tried. The supplier of the first (whom I didn't believe initially) said that my car must have been 'remapped' such that it was not possible to program these functions. I'm starting to believe him now that the second one also doesn't work!

So, I'd love to know whether a) my car should be capable of providing this basic information and b) whether I ought to be able to fix this myself. Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
The high level screen isn’t standard on the design so there’s a strong possibility that you don’t have it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I certainly have the smaller of the two screens, but I know that it's capable of displaying the information I'm talking about. Maybe it was / is an optional extra on Design trim to have it switched on? Question is - how best to get it enabled now!

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
It isn’t capable of being activated on all screens. If you do have a compatible screen you would be able to have it activated using TIS2WEB, a genuine dealer tool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts