Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had replacement gear box fitted, cruise control works fine in all gears apart from 5th.
Cruise control light comes on for a second and the goes straight off, even if I change gear from fourth to fifth without using clutch.

have tried disconnecting battery etc, no change

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Don't see any reason why it should chose 5th gear to drop out of cruise control. The only problem I experienced while owning the j with regards to cruise control coming off was a faulty brake pedal switch. In fact I think it became a tsb and also caused the brake lights to flicker. One time a lorry overtook me and the vibration caused the cruise control to drop out. Dont think the cruise control system utilises the clutch pedal switch as you can change gear with it remaining on iirc.
The switches are a potentiometer and can become worn in places as they get older. The switches actually need relearning when replaced.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My car does the same 1.6 sri 13 plate god knows what it us i dont think my cars had a new gearbox unless previous owner done my cruise works perfect second and third but not fourth and fifth if you get a fix please update

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if this will work for you lot but it works on mine...

Before activating cruise control I have to push the clutch pedal up. For example if I'm in 5th gear and then want to start cruise control, I have to lift the clutch up from underneath and that then allows it to go into cruise control. I read it was an issue with the spring on the clutch pedal. Hopefully this helps fix the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts