Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem opel astra j 1.6 petrol 115hp. Before 4 days I saw a few drops of leak under the car. I realized it comes from the expansion tank. I open when the engine was cold and I saw it was fine. I closed it again. After three days of using the machine I opened it again to see the nibble but it was a little hot and took out some water and closed the cap again. when I got home and the car had stopped I saw that the coolant was boiling and exhaling air bubbles and most of it was emptied. I refilled it with coolant this morning after all night the engine was cold. I moved almost 5 km and all the coolant leaked out. I want to emphasize that the engine does not heat up at all, it is 85-90 degrees. I complete coolant again and I left directly and took it to a service in the area where I was almost 700 meters away. When I went there again the same thing happened. I want to emphasize that I saw a small leak of coolant and the tube entering the thermostat. I want to emphasize I do not see car heating. The temperature is maintained normal. No engine noise or car banging is heard. The car pulls exactly at its normal power. The mechanic told me 3 solutions. The thermostat, radiator relay and thermostat, or expansion pack cover does not maintain the proper pressure is consumed or the water pump has leaked. But in the car book the water pump and timing belt were changed in 2019 and the car had 126000 km and now I have 159000km. please help me

1 - 1 of 1 Posts