Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello the I'm here since I'm interested in buying an astra j the coupe version with the 1.4 turbo 140hp

So there is any common problems that I need the aware with this car/motor? It's a good buy? In my researchers I found the the cars with the gearbox m32 tend to break...

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
If it's looked after properly it can be a fine car. Water pump and thermostat are common failure points so need keeping an eye on. Gearbox is no more or less dodgy than other M32 vehicles but I've had my car mapped and done nearly 90k without an issue, though the gearbox oil was changed out and the volume used increased. I can't remember to tell you by how much but it's more oil than it came with in the gearbox from the factory, and better quality.

Bottom line I've not had any regrets in my 5 years of ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's looked after properly it can be a fine car. Water pump and thermostat are common failure points so need keeping an eye on. Gearbox is no more or less dodgy than other M32 vehicles but I've had my car mapped and done nearly 90k without an issue, though the gearbox oil was changed out and the volume used increased. I can't remember to tell you by how much but it's more oil than it came with in the gearbox from the factory, and better quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some one already said that to me that this m32 was a bit a pain in the ass. The car that i want to buy have 32000 miles i don´t have the plans to remap or something like that. So to you reccomend at least to change the transmission oil?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

So is there an idiots guide to checking one of these cars over?

There are a lot of 1.4t's around and great prices here.... came here looking for a 5 door and now head turned to a GTC....

Is there a mileage after which its a lottery or could bad news come at any miles?

D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there
I have Opel Astra 1.4 T J 2013 model
Out of the blue the car started smoking.. I took the car for turbo checking got it serviced and the car still smoking..what can be the problem..?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Hi there
I have Opel Astra 1.4 T J 2013 model
Out of the blue the car started smoking.. I took the car for turbo checking got it serviced and the car still smoking..what can be the problem..?
I've already told you what the problem might be!! I feel we're just going round in circles here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've already told you what the problem might be!! I feel we're just going round in circles here.

You know the saying Big Dave, you can take the camel to the oasis but you cant force it to drink the water.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts