Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi again!!!

I'm now into week five and still without my car and with Vauxhall still without any valves to fit to the car!!!

Yesterday they told me that they 'MIGHT' be able to sort out a loan car:thumbs:

BUT...............

Then told me that I'd have to pay £10 a day for the third party insurance :mad:

Anyone else on here had a problem like this and what was the resolution?

Regards

John

(Still on his push bike and banging his head against a brick wall) :banghead:
hi,just tell them to get a complete new cylinder head,they should supply a courtesy car under warranty conditions by law i was told.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok so another update.

STILL no car: :'(

The head Grease Monkey has now said that the new Astra H engine does not have hydraulic tappets but "shims" which look the same. He has never seen this set up before and "it's all new to me" was his comment.:sus:

Apparently the new valves are tight against these shims and therefore the engine is not running correctly.

The Shims are a non-stock item and therefore need to come from either Germany or Hungary.:mad:

The ball ache is that I have a head off a 1600 mile 1.6 Twinport which they have previously refused to use as it would breach warranty. I did offer the Shims from this head to use but I was told each Shim needs to be machined to 11 thousand mm or 13 thousand mm dependent of the gap required.

Frustrating or what?:confused:

They will not put a new head on because of the work already done.

Tomorrow will be the start of week SIX with an eye watering estimated time of 7 to 10 working days for the parts to arrive.

That's going to push the time that Vauxhall has had the car to almost TWO MONTHS.:mad:

Not going to swear due to the young ladies on the forum :thumbs: but you can guess what colour the air is in my house!!!

Regards

John

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok Update time..........AGAIN...............:D

I had a call from the dealership today to say that my car was ready for collection(Y) , this being 6 weeks and 2 days since I took it in.:(

When I got there I saw my car and immediately wasn't impressed. :shock:

There were 'BIG' bird droppings all over it and grubby oil fingerprints over the tailgate where they had pushed it into the service bay.:mad:

OK I thought, so I've got it back - I'll clean the damn thing myself.

I was handed the keys and shown the associated paperwork which was like a mini novel.

When I got to the end of the dealerships driveway the car began to behave in the same way as it had done before the work was carried out.:confused:

OK I thought - give it time.

I went round to my mate's house who runs a Mini Cooper Race team and we took the car out to test it.

Well talk about a pancake!

It was as flat as and the performance was WORSE now the work has been carried out.:'(

The ONLY difference is that before it ALWAYS stalled during a run and now it threatens to stall as the rev counter initially idles at 900 RPM then slowly drops until the whole engine is ticking over at 450 RPM before recovering.

I told the dealership three months ago that this car was suffering from ECU problems but they insisted it was mechanical.:confused:

I'm neither a mechanic or a electronics expert but I knew that they were barking up the wrong tree.

So..............

Back to the dealership in the morning

WISH ME LUCK

regards to all,

JOHN

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good job m8! Result! I'm sure your happy at that! :thumbs:
I'd say!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

What with all the other new parts they fitted as well it's almost a brand new car.

They even refurbished my two front wheels whilst it was in at no extra cost and replaced my noisy rear suspension strut.

All that needs to happen now is the replacement clutch when the fix is out...........:sus: ..........!

Regards

John

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
:rofl: new engine, how many miles did the old one have on it? (and to think you now have to bed it in for another 1000 or 2 miles.

takes heart, a mate had a *cough*renault*cough* and he had a recurring problem that went on for nearly a year, finally they replaced his engine, he had 25k on the clock when they replaced it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have opel astra h twinport 2005 1.6 z16xep. It misfires wen started after a wile standing. Is hase a huge los of power and it staals wile riding its start jirking when driving and throtel presed lightly, then when you pres clutch it stals byt if jou just give it gas it goes. But if stall it only about 15 seconds then its oky agen bad huge los of power sins this problem began. Any advise

21 - 32 of 32 Posts