Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard what sounded like bearings going from whatever the pump/motor in the pic? Took it to a a mechanic who listened and said it was fine. Then a few days later I noticed aircon was warm and smoke or steam coming from under bonnet. I think its the drive belt snapped?(pic) is this a big job sorry know little about cars View attachment 33444

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Is the AC compressor moving?
Certainly need a belt anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
If it was noisy the chances are a bearing has seized in the water pump/compressor/alternator/idler/tensioner and that's cooked the belt then shredded it

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Mine came off in strands, need to check behind rack sprocket to be sure there’s no strands wound up or in at the timing gear. So far iv replaced the alternator, bushes went, AC compresser was bypassed with a shorter belt, tensioner seized and was running off

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Chances are the tensioner is shotand been too tight, check it out tho

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied. It was air con pulley wheel that had gone and over heated causing belt to snap. This was a suprise as I supposedly had a new pump fitted 18 months ago. Apparently you can't just buy the wheel either it's all one unit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts