Votes: 4 50.0%
  • angel eyes

Votes: 4 50.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about getting proper hid headlight units and wondering were can i get them at best price n which is best in peoples opinion

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Define projector, as angel eyes have projectors too :lol:

I'm assuming you mean non-AFL bi-xenons...

In which case, it depends really. Non-AFL bi-xenons look nice and obviously look very OEM, whereas angel eyes still look good, but sometimes can give the boy racer look...
Non-AFL bi-xenons will give a much better light quality than angel eyes, but there isn't really anything wrong with angel eye quality.
You'll pay a lot more for non-AFL bi-xenons and will require a wiring mod known as the "earth mod". Something in the loom that isn't there on standard lights, I think. Angel eyes will fit straight with the standard loom, no modding required.

So depends really. If money was no object, I'd happily get the non-AFL bi-xenons over the angel eyes... but wouldn't hesitate getting angel eyes. I may be getting a set of angel eyes myself soon. Had a set on my old Astra, but the lens cracked so I took them off (seemed a manufacturing defect, but nobody else seems to have had this problem). My headlights are a bit worse for wear, so need new ones and I think angels will be a more cost effective way of doing it :)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I was in the SE boat but non afls would win over angel eyes IMO.. Lucky for me a set of non afls come up cheep and got these before the angel eyes :)

They look amazing and the lights at night look awesome!!!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure wt they are called exactly but they look like standard astra h light but they are design for hid's.......im sure iv seen them neways :D

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I put angel eyes on mine & ended up takin the ring leds out as I didn't like the look of them, just got hids in now & they're far better looking. No sidelights though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
angel eyes for me, they have projectors in them so thats covered, and the angel eyes look the nutz! just need to change the leds to white before fitting, and i believe they are pretty much a straight swap, no mods needed

·
Registered
257 Posts
I was torn....asked a few guys big in the scene and they all said basic HIDS....i wasnt sure as i wanted summit abut different....but took there advice....looks sweet!! In my opinion Angels look slightly chavy....unless u have the right look on your car (no offence to anyone....just my opinion.....this is coming from a girl with neon strips in her footwell.... lol) x

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
must admit im swaying towards the projectors as i like the look of the standerd lights just want them to be full hid ok wont be for a little while yet

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I loved my angel eyes!
I need to get another pair.

But the projector units in them are rather pants.
The light output isn't the best. I was actually thinking of buying a pair and making them into bi-xenons with some new projector units (wouldn't be hard at all).

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The white leds in angel eyes showed hotspots terribly on mine to the point I just couldn't live with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts