Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

My engine oil switch light is due a replacement with the intermittent light on the dash.

When going to replace it with the normal I've noticed that I had a 1 pin oil switch rather than the standard (I'd purchased below).

Is this a standard switch for the Mk5? If so anywhere I could purchase one? Lol

Thanks for your help!

Automotive tire Water Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Gas

Hand Finger Cable Gadget Nail

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
You don't say which engine this is and there are a few in the mk5,however if the replacement sensor is a single pin then someone has lopped off the original connector and put a lucar connector on it to fit a pattern part switch

Reactions: deeloughran

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,703 Posts
certainly doesn;t look like a factory part or connection, the new parts is the one it should be, no idea why they would have used a differnt sensors given they cost peanuts in the first place even for ac delco sensors.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Are there any scrappies/recyclers in your area ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thought may have to go down this route lol yeh there's a few....I'm needing the oil pressure sensor from one of the looms (they'll know better than me...I could at least point to it lol)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There may be a positive to you having a non oem oil switch fitted. The 1.4 is notorious for the oem oil switch leaking oil and causing contamination of several sensor sockets(o2 sensors, coil pack etc). The oil travels, through capillary action along the wiring loom to the various plugs. With that switch having an uninsulated spade there is no sealed path so oil would drip away.
The previous owner may have had the problem and used this type to stop it happening again, or just a cheapskate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts