Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and I have done a search but nothing relates to this annoying issue.

my wife’s Astra H (1.4 sxi, 56 plate, petrol) has the following codes (taken from OPCOM)

P0141-0D, o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)
P0136-58, No plausibility between 02 sensor 1 bank 1 and 02 sensor 2 bank 1
P0136-04, sensor circuit range/performance (bank 1 sensor 2)

now we bought the car a while back but recently discovered that the clocks had been wired to mask the EML, and 2 days before we purchased it they had changed the rear (back of the engine on The exhaust) sensor.

the car drives fine but used as a daily for work.

we have had it In a garage who changed the sensor again at the back with a Bosch one. No light for a few days then now a re occurring issue.

would changing the front sensor work? I cant find any wiring breaks and connectors don’t appear to be corroded.

any help would be great

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That engine wiring loom can have problems with oil getting into it via capillary action and contaminating the connectors, giving various fault codes. The oil comes from a leaking oil pressure switch. So check it isn't that causing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate. Had that changed at the same time as the replacement rear sensor. I’m about to go out and have a look at the wiring etc.
I’m also trying to get a part number for the front sensor with no joy

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
You need to get live data up on an appropriate diagnostic tool and see how the o2 sensors are responding when the engine is running.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
There are plenty of explanations of the approximate readings that are expected from each 02 sensor on youtube etc
Have you viewed live data then?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sensor 1 is used to control fuel mixture and should go from lean to rich quickly often. Sensor 2 monitors cat converter effeciency and tends to remain fairly stable.
Was there any evidence of oil contamination in the connectors at the o2 sensors and the big connector at the ecu?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts