Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Astra H 2009 plate was locking and unlocking intermittently when using the key fob... I've replaced the battery and done the paper trick but now it's completely refusing to lock or unlock...

I have tried to reprogram it by putting it in the ignition and holding the lock and unlock, still doesn't work... Also disconnected the battery over 2 days and this didn't work either..

The car still starts and drives with the key but that's all.

Can someone advise on what the issue may be or what to do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Probably time for a new case. You can buy them on ebay for about a fiver, then swap the circuit board and key blade over. Usually if you press the buttons really hard they'll work still

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
316 Posts
while you in the car have you tried by pressing lock button on central console?

if all locks are working by pressing lock button..its your fob then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably time for a new case. You can buy them on ebay for about a fiver, then swap the circuit board and key blade over. Usually if you press the buttons really hard they'll work still
I had a brand new case so swapped it all over and it still played up.. I thought that would be the issue myself!

As to the comment below this, it still locks all doors on the inside as what I have to do is keep the key in the ignition, put the window down, shut the door, lean in and lock all doors with that button, put the window up and grab the key out of the ignition whilst it's going up 😂 absolute p..s take but only way my car is secure...

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
316 Posts
I had a brand new case so swapped it all over and it still played up.. I thought that would be the issue myself!

As to the comment below this, it still locks all doors on the inside as what I have to do is keep the key in the ignition, put the window down, shut the door, lean in and lock all doors with that button, put the window up and grab the key out of the ignition whilst it's going up 😂 absolute p..s take but only way my car is secure...
you maybe need to reprogram the keys via op-com or tech2

do you know the key will lock the car without the fob?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you maybe need to reprogram the keys via op-com or tech2

do you know the key will lock the car without the fob?

Yes as I've been using the blade in the door to unlock it to get in my car.

I don't want to try using opcom and ruin my key completely so will try get someone else to do it instead 😂

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
316 Posts
Yes as I've been using the blade in the door to unlock it to get in my car.

I don't want to try using opcom and ruin my key completely so will try get someone else to do it instead 😂
yes..it can ruin the keys or the car, if you get the key reprogram you needs the car pass
any diagnostic place will do it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes..it can ruin the keys or the car, if you get the key reprogram you needs the car pass
any diagnostic place will do it
Unfortunately I don't have the car pass/ security so going to attempt to just try opcom for now and if it doesn't work, will look into finding a car pass or whatever it is I need but rather not be spending stupid amount on it again yet haha.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
316 Posts
i think 25 pounds to get car pass from vx dealer... if you go to diagnostic place run a full check of the car maybe cost 30 pounds i think, opcom or tech2 can tell you how many keys are program it on that car
if you ask diagnostic place get car pass will cost you abit more...last time i went to vx dealer get car pass cost me 25 pound that was 2017

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think 25 pounds to get car pass from vx dealer... if you go to diagnostic place run a full check of the car maybe cost 30 pounds i think, opcom or tech2 can tell you how many keys are program it on that car
if you ask diagnostic place get car pass will cost you abit more...last time i went to vx dealer get car pass cost me 25 pound that was 2017
I'll have a quick look around first before going to the dealer. Asked the guy who's ecu it is if he has anything. Thanks tho :)

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
316 Posts
no problem...opcom can do live data check like how many keys are program, window switch, light switch etc....
also can check if the engine is running right co2 air flow sensor coolant battery etc..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Might not be the same problem but I had an issue with the ignition barrel, it didn't recognise when the key was removed therefore the lock buttons on the key fob didn't work. Then I had issues with the ignition not turning properly. Taking the ignition barrel out and giving a clean sorted the issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used Opcom and the CIM and Transponder aren't talking to one another apparently... My ignition barrel doesn't stay in the holder so that could be an issue.. How did you make sure it was secure in the holder? Do I have to take everything apart again 😂😂

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't remember exactly, it's been a while. Didn't do anything special, just the reverse of taking the barrel out.

I found instructions on this forum and/or YouTube. I'll see if I can find the original instruction I used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't remember exactly, it's been a while. Didn't do anything special, just the reverse of taking the barrel out.

I found instructions on this forum and/or YouTube. I'll see if I can find the original instruction I used.

Were you able to find anything? :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry I forgot, :). I can't find the exact video but this one looks similar for the problem I had.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mines the same buttons don’t work neither does locking it with the key so i shut all the doors then open the passenger side press the lock button on the dash and it locks the whole car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts