Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, bit of a problem with my 2008 astra h estate. It's the Z16XER engine. All was great until I put it on a SORN, been standing about 8 months, moved a couple of times, no problem. Now it will not start and I get fault codes as follows, 161300, 161450, 161600 and they all relate to the immobiliser. Have tried both keys so it's not the key. Question, where is the control for the immobiliser and what could be wrong? Replaced the fuse box, no change , then read about the pedal test to get fault codes, so here I am, Anyone got any ideas? Many thanks, Adrian

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Is the car actually immobilised i.e. is the car/spanner light flashing with ignition on ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have just found a YouTube video about repairing the CIM circuit in the steering column, my heart sank when I saw how much work is involved getting to it!!
I watched a video about the CIM and didn't like the look of it however it did it a few weeks ago and following the video whilst doing it with the car wasn't really that bad. Didn't take too long either. Once I'd used some fine sandpaper in the contacts I sprayed with electrical contact spray.

I didn't take much notice of the time but probably only took about 1 hour, 2 at the most.

I followed the video that is linked in this thread titled "no horn"

[/URL]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even with ignition on, no dash lights and car will not turn over, spanner flashes once in a while, but headlights work, radio, indicators, windows and every thing else works well. Sometimes headlights come on with ignition even though switch is off. At first I could start by switching ignition on and off 6 or 7 times, but now nothing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ash99s90, I might as well try cleaning the contacts, though I'm not sure if I would change the module, as how would I get it to a workshop to have the new one "paired" to the car. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is the link to the video

You don't need a new CIM its just cleaning up the contacts on your CIM.

Also I previously had an issue with the key not always turning properly in the ignition and had one time it refused to start.

After removing the ignition barrel and cleaning up and its worked without an issue since.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts