Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, would love some advice on upgrading the stereo in my Astra H

I've chosen Kenwood KDC-u449 Receiver because it had OEM remote interface and wasn't too pricey... I also picked up a Metra Axxess ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface for $55, has anyone used this and have any feedback? The place where I was going to get it installed freaked me out today and said if it's the interface is faulty it could do a lot of damage (removing the ABS etc?) they wanted me to use an Aerpro CHGM5C, which is $199 and I don't think I can justify spending $199 just so the buttons on the steering wheel work.

I really just wanted to be able to plug my iPod in but now one things led to another and I'm thinking about upgrading the speakers. I've been told the factory Blaupunkt speakers are meant to be good, will a new head unit improve the sound from them? What are the factory speaker specs like can't seem to find them anywhere!

Cheers guys

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
You should have no issues with the HU,
Personally I have never heard of the steering wheel control module though
The preferred one in the UK is something like this

If you can wait for delivery form the UK or find a supplier from your country it should work fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! They sell the Connects2 CTSVX002 here too but they are so expensive, like $199. Might order one from the UK if the Axxess ASWC doesn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts