Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , to everyone on the website im a new member here in your website hope to be a good one . im lately bought an astra h GID display + and a ccrt 700 philips radio i wanted to install this system on an astra g 2001 saloon i modified its display connector to be ( 32 pin connector - gray ) . ( the problem that i wanted the pinout of the - astra h GID - to compare it with my wires connection on the astra g / no.2 i tried to test the screen on the gray connector without any radio just the plug it has a blue input by the way it never starts or illuminate and this is a problem too. i suspect it to be that it needs me to connect the ccrt700 which i didnt connect it yet as i recently bought it and looking for the 26 pin to 36 pin wiring plug , so im sorry once again but i needed to clarify from you ( if you could supply me the pinout of the astra h GID / what you think about the display that never starts ) hope to benefit from the members experience in this forum and thanks for all ,wish to receive your replies soon.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hello welcome.....i think the problems is astra g/mk4 are non canbus astra h/mk5 are canbus and

all vx cars 2005 onwards are full canbus, the radio cd30/cdc40/cd70 with paired all displays TID/BID/GID/CID

are coded car pass, i had astra h 8 years ago with TID but the radio is another astra h

the display say "display safe" because that radio is coded to another astra and is not paired to mines TID display

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Loeb , and thanks for clarification Astra g protocol for obd is kwp2000 and h is canbus that is real yes thanks for your help I noticed it require programming also

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello Loeb , and thanks for clarification Astra g protocol for obd is kwp2000 and h is canbus that is real yes thanks for your help I noticed it require programming also
no problem all, but now im swapping my BID to GID n reprogram it to right code index

BID has different code index 10 and GID code index 09 with trip computer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that will be nice your car is astra h it doesn't need any wiring to use the display it already has the right connector for the display except mine I have astra g and I have the small basic connector

·
Registered
126 Posts
CID has sat nav and dont need it im using tomtom with lifetime free map update

if using CID with cd70 needs update from vx dealer or from a copy, CID looks good in colour

also if got the interface CID display can play youtube or music video and reverse camera

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cid is a beautiful thing to add in dashboard if it does not already have In astra g I noticed it require coding to be able to use its functions and the ccrt 700 also

·
Registered
126 Posts
hello , to everyone on the website im a new member here in your website hope to be a good one . im lately bought an astra h GID display + and a ccrt 700 philips radio i wanted to install this system on an astra g 2001 saloon i modified its display connector to be ( 32 pin connector - gray ) . ( the problem that i wanted the pinout of the - astra h GID - to compare it with my wires connection on the astra g / no.2 i tried to test the screen on the gray connector without any radio just the plug it has a blue input by the way it never starts or illuminate and this is a problem too. i suspect it to be that it needs me to connect the ccrt700 which i didnt connect it yet as i recently bought it and looking for the 26 pin to 36 pin wiring plug , so im sorry once again but i needed to clarify from you ( if you could supply me the pinout of the astra h GID / what you think about the display that never starts ) hope to benefit from the members experience in this forum and thanks for all ,wish to receive your replies soon.
i have tried myself power GID ONLY not the radio....on the GID connector pin 1 Ground, pin 5 12v+,
pin 29 12v+ ( do not power up the GID screen), pin 19 Can Low, pin 20 Can High

Can low to Can low is wired directly
Can high to Can high is wired directly

to power the GID screen...needs the radio cd30/cdc40/cd70 to work

go to> CD30 Radio Bench Rig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello loeb , and thanks for your reply i noticed that i cant power it up or even made the screen illuminate with the ccrt 700 and cant enter and use also any of its functions may be as you said it require a certain radio like the types you mentioned above

·
Registered
126 Posts
hello loeb , and thanks for your reply i noticed that i cant power it up or even made the screen illuminate with the ccrt 700 and cant enter and use also any of its functions may be as you said it require a certain radio like the types you mentioned above
yes, as what i said...your GID display needs that radio has paired with (cd30 or cdc40 or...)

unless you get astra h.... displays paired up cd player together are plug n play

fitted together to works

·
Registered
126 Posts
thats a good advice from you i will try to replace the ccrt 700
you are welcome......this person, i dont know how do it

in astra g with CID, i can see there lots of works n wiring

see the youtube video....did a awesome job

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a question to ask you if you may , for the car android headunits i have one come with android 6 the question is . this headunit has a bluetooth capability but i cant find anything mentioned in the device settings for network and connections cant find anything related or talking about bluetooth , do yofaced or heard about thing like this before , do you have any idea or advice what should i do next thanks in advance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts