Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have recently did some retrofits to my Astra H. However I have issues with the following bits:

1. I have installed CID 3-line info display which was from a Zafira B. My astra has 1.4 Petrol engine. The Range readout after being programmed with OP-COM for Astra H, shows when tank is full the astonishing ~1000km range (sorry from Bulgaria and using metric units). Usually with the GID display I had it was showing ~ 750 when tank was full.

2. I have replaced the same time the IPC because I needed one with lights for DDS, Park assist, AFL. This behaves also strange. When fuel light on the IPC is flashing, i'm able to fill it up with no more than 35 liters of fuel (on a 52liter tank). This was again with OP-COM reprogrammed, but was taken from an Astra H in the first place, not a Zafira.. if it makes any sense. I'm mentioning that because the Zafira doesn't offer 1.4 Petrol engine and this is the only thing that comes to my mind as being a pinpoint.

Any of you have any clue what might be it?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Depending on the year of the Zafira it might not work. 2004 to 2006 vauxhall used non-linear fuel senders.
2007 onwards is a linear fuel sender. Something like that. So a display from a 2005 car for example will not work in a 2008. However a display from a 2007 onwards car will work in all years since the config can be set via TECH2.

Reactions: Dripping

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the display, since it is 3 line it has to be post 2006. My car is 2006 and has linear fuel sender. But strangely on OPCOM you could program the display for both linear and non-linear fuel senders... not sure it works as expected, but the option is there at least

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some update on the issue. It seems that the board computer has "sort of" self-calibrated. What i did yesterday was the following: Fuel gauge pointer was showing 0, as seen below:
Speedometer Odometer Plant Tachometer Gauge

But the display was showing:

Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Car Automotive design

Then i refilled to the max until the pistol of the fuel pump cut off. The tank was filled up with 38.5 liters of petrol and the gauge was showing 100% full:

Speedometer Light Automotive design Gauge Car

The trip computer respectively:

Font Gadget Audio equipment Gas Motor vehicle

So if my math is right, and again i'm sorry for using metrics here rather than imperial:

52 liters tank capacty - 38.5 liters refil = 14 liters remaining fuel when the gauge was showing 0

On the other side the ~14 liters fuel correspond to the 150km range with avg economy 8 liters/100km. When full with an avg consumption of 8 liters/100km the range should be 650km (showing 20more which of course is totally fine in my opinion).

So... i'm still desperate for ideas. The only good thing is that the fuel gauge is showing less than actual, not more....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few more thoughts on my issue which is still a mystery. My car manufacture date is 01.2006. The IPC I used to swap mine originally is i think from a facelift Astra. Could it be that my fuel tank sensor is linear resistance and my IPC is expecting Linear voltage type b?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts