Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I've got an issue with my 2005 1.4 Z14XEP astra H

On friday I went for a drive as normal, parked up at home. The next day I came out and my car would not crank at all and the flashing spanner light was on.

I believe this is a sigh that incorrect key is being used from google searches, this is strange as it's my normal key. But anyway I dug the spare key out and the same exact thing happened, flashing spanner light and the car won't crank.

I've stuck the battery on charge thinking maybe it's something daft but that didn't help.

I've attempted to connect via vauxcom, I get this:

I'm at a little bit of a loss to start diagnosing this, could anyone help? I really need my car and the last thing I need is a big bill for it if it's something I can sort myself.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello everyone

I've got an issue with my 2005 1.4 Z14XEP astra H

On friday I went for a drive as normal, parked up at home. The next day I came out and my car would not crank at all and the flashing spanner light was on.

I believe this is a sigh that incorrect key is being used from google searches, this is strange as it's my normal key. But anyway I dug the spare key out and the same exact thing happened, flashing spanner light and the car won't crank.

I've stuck the battery on charge thinking maybe it's something daft but that didn't help.

I've attempted to connect via vauxcom, I get this:

I'm at a little bit of a loss to start diagnosing this, could anyone help? I really need my car and the last thing I need is a big bill for it if it's something I can sort myself.

Thanks in advance!
Pedal test?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good shout but it looks like it's showing old codes, I had a fuel pump die a month ago:
P0230
P0201
P0202
P0203
P0204

These should have all been cleared, the car got a new fuel pump and was fine.

This doesn't seem related to me?

·
Registered
194 Posts
It doesn't necessarily mean a big bill if you go to a garage just stay away from vauxhall dealers. Sounds like a imobolizer issue. If you are unable to start/drive the car then i recommend "click mechanic" Web site mobile mechanics. I used them before and highly recommended them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I got Op-Com working again.

I've got the following codes:
P1614-50
P1616-00

And my CIM has the code:
B3055-00

I do not have the security code to reprogram anything :cautious:...

I guess this is next, I have emailed a few local auto electricians to see if they can help too.

If anyone can recommend anyone in the north west that would be great

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
There was a tsb issued for this many years ago
the CIM needs it's software updating and if that doesn't work it's replacement CIM time.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think new CIM seems like the safer bet then, there's CIM's on ebay that offer programming for £125ish if I send them my CIM. That's not the end of the world.

Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts