Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys bare with me this is my second post lol

Got myself an astra h SXi yesterday and as you do when you get a new car i wanted to make sure i do an oil change first thing, called up vauxhall and asked what oil to use and they said 5-30 full synthetic.. went and got myself some of it and an oil filter, got home and realised the bottle/container says made for ford engines? does this mean I cannot use it in my astra and just lost 30 quid? or can I use the ford designed oil in my astra as its the same oil? cheers for the answers in advance am loving this forum!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It's mainly the same stuff. (was it Castrol by any chance? ) You can use it and it probably won't be a problem at all but if you're picky like me, take it back and get the Vx stuff :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the misses to go out and grab it for me (bad idea clearly) though i was way too hungover from student night to leave the house, she got some well weird QX oil.. worried its the wrong forumula or something and itll mess with the engine? lol

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
:lol: Mrs & car parts can always be risky!
It's not the greatest oil, but to be honest it should be ok.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know that now!! i dont understand what is so hard about it, i even text her and said make sure you get shell helix 5-30 lol thought she was a keeper :(

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
It should have a list of specification on suitability. If it says GM-LL-A-025 and GM-LL-B-025 its perfect, if not then tbh its 5W30 so it'll be fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hahaha ill let her know you backed her up, maybe she can join the ford astra forum and learn something! cheers erni3wi5e was trying to find those specs on the internet but couldnt find it anywhere!! appreciate your answers lads.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Ney Botha, I checked ebay for the official GM oil dexos 2, which is also perfect for many other makes such as VW, BMW, Renault, Ford and much more :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts