Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2010 astra H 3 door. i have 18'' vxr wheels on it and standard springs (non sri) and was planning to buy the eibach pro kit springs (30mm)

was wondering from those who already have this in their astra h's, how is the ride quality is it harsh or is it still smooth and comfortable, and also i dont want the wheels to scrape, one more fing, can i still have a car full of passengers without the car scraping etc?:salute:

thanks in advance guys (Y)

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Inflate your tyres by an extra 10-15lbs and you will be close to the feel of Eibachs. Handling will still depend a lot on what rubber you have. Even some premium tyres want to understeer. I have goodyear eagles on the front with Eibachs and they do not instill confidence in a wet corner. In the dry they still feel like they want to roll off the rims. I'm on 17". If the car cannot roll, that energy has to go somewhere, and its down to the rubber holding the road surface. My next step is a RAB to even out the inertia.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,716 Posts
you can fit the 30mm eibachs no problems with scraping, i have the 50mm kit and there's still enough clearance taht i can have the car fully loaded and not have to worry about scraping, thats on the 18" wheels as well.

As for handling, compared to the stock springs they are much much better, and ride comfort isn't all that bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts