Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought a car today from a showroom second hand, its an Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Club Twinport 55 Plate. I drove it around fine and then went for meal. When I came out the car failed to start (no ignition as if the battery was dead). I waited a minute or two and tried again and it then started, albeit a bit sluggishly and a warning light is now on (amber one that looks like an engine?). After reading some posts on this forum I went into the ECN faults codes and found a lot! The list is as follows but dont know how long this over

15505A
16003A
210870 (I THINK WAS HARD TO KEEP UP!)

I am gutted now as spent ages trying to find this exact car and now I am going to have to drive 40 miles back to where I bought it. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the car? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as well as any quick fixes! Bonce82:'(

·
15,092 Posts
Have you got a multimeter? Check the battery voltage.

Would be willing to bet that most of these codes are due to the battery being flat after the car has sat for a while.

Sadly a lot of second hand cars sit out the front before being bought and the battery gently flattens and all they do is jump it to get it going before you collect it.

Unless they've fried something in the jump process... :shrug:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks stickman, will go and get a free battery check at the garage round the corner. Will post when I find out.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the battery at the garage and it is fine. Done it a few more times since so got them to reset the codes and we checked it afterwards and only the four top codes came up 020100 020200 020300 020400. Says Cylinder 1 injector malfunction, Cylinder 2 injector malfunction, Cylinder 3 injector malfunction and Cylinder 4 injector malfunction.

When I try and start the car it turns over and you can hear it sparking before it comes on with engine light. Sometimes it starts but not very well then goes to lockout. Any ideas anybody please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts