Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I have a Diesel Astra H and I want to enable cruise control. I have an OE switch stalk with the Cruise Control switches but I need it enabling.
I am in the Manchester area and I can travel about a bit so I would welcome any suggestions as to who to contact. Appreciate that Tech2 is a bit old hat now but surely someone must have a copy? All the threads I can find are about ten years old now :eek: so I thought a new thread would be appropriate.

TIA

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You don't need tech 2,a half decent opcom will do the job

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thank you. I am going to take a guess and buying it for myself is going to be just as easy as finding someone close by with it?

This:

Don't suppose you live near Manchester?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
lol no sorry i'm in Surrey
i don't know that seller and there is a lot of crap around,
the only person that sells them that i have faith in is on a different Vx forum,i can pm you details if you want

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
408 Posts
also needed the car pass to reprogramming the cim and ipc and uec in engine bay

make sure has got clutch switch fitted on clutch pedal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also needed the car pass to reprogramming the cim and ipc and uec in engine bay

make sure has got clutch switch fitted on clutch pedal
It has the switch on the pedal but as for the rest of your post I would be very grateful if you could explain it to me please.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You need the security code of the car to make the changes required,
it's on the credit card sized card usually in the drivers pack

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need the security code of the car to make the changes required,
it's on the credit card sized card usually in the drivers pack
Well, that I don't have and god knows where it is. This is looking more and more like a tick in the "far too difficult" box.
I have had the vehicle for five years or more and managed without it so I will just carry on.
It was a good idea, but like many of my ideas, it won't work.
Thanks everyone for all your help.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You can go to a dealer with the V5 and some cash to get it,the problem with that is if the car has ever had a"full set" module change they can only supply the original sec code,if you know who the original supplying dealer is a phone call can sometimes get you the code if it's on their system,there are also ways of extracting the code from the car but you need even more gear to do that.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Slight thread hijack here sorry! So I have a cim qith cruise stalk on it.. can I just install the stalk then activate it via opcom?I have my carpass too

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
408 Posts
It has the switch on the pedal but as for the rest of your post I would be very grateful if you could explain it to me please.
Thanks.

look for this

some others astra has no clutch switch fitted but loom is fitted n taped behind the dashboard

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Slight thread hijack here sorry! So I have a cim qith cruise stalk on it.. can I just install the stalk then activate it via opcom?I have my carpass too
Yes,if you have the code and it has a clutch switch fitted you're good to go

1 - 16 of 16 Posts