Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been browsing forever to solve this issue so first of I have a Astra h 2009 1.7cdti Sri and all of a sudden I can no longer change direction of the heater blower neither can I change from hot to cold air it's stuck on constant full heat! Funny thing is my number 1-4 fan speed works and I have led on the dials but no led on the AC or the rear window de icer. I can't hear anything moving behind the mid panel when I turn anything but guessing it couldn't be stuck as some of the LEDs have stopped working. I have tried another climate control panel and still the same with both LEDs and the direction not working I've checked all fuses that I no seem to be associated with the climate control panel and still nothing. Only thing I can think of is when I changed the alternator after oil leak the car went abit funny not sure if it happened straight after or few weeks after. Any shed of light on this would be helpful as driving to Manchester and back on 5 hour journey wasn't nice at all on this hot day 馃槄

Registered
If you can get to someone with a TECH II, you can read the fault codes for the Climate unit.
There are also tests for all the actuators. And a Actuator calibration. I had to do it on our Elite model which has Climate control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay I'll see if I can get somebody with that to check I took the dash under steering wheel off the other day and couldnt really get to the mechanism that controls it barely any room at all! Held it while trying to change direction and didn't feel any movement at all not even the motor was attempting to move.. is there a relay or fuse that could be the issue at all? Half of the climate control works like the dials light up but no light on the rear window defroster or AC it's so wierd and summer is coming up and need it doing!

Registered
With several lights and two functions failing, maybe check through the fuses and relays? Below is typical diagram but check your owners' manual as these vary a bit in Astras:

****There may be fuses in the rear hatch to check. (4 & 14 HVAC, 11 HEATED REAR WINDOW)

****Front fuse panel also has fuses and relays to check (16 & 27 HVAC, 9 HEATED REAR WINDOW, K11 AC COMPRESSOR RELAY)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With several lights and two functions failing, maybe check through the fuses and relays? Below is typical diagram but check your owners' manual as these vary a bit in Astras:

****There may be fuses in the rear hatch to check. (4 & 14 HVAC, 11 HEATED REAR WINDOW)

****Front fuse panel also has fuses and relays to check (16 & 27 HVAC, 9 HEATED REAR WINDOW, K11 AC COMPRESSOR RELAY)

Nice one I'll have a look tomorrow morning and let you no!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts