Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help!

I have a 2008 Astra H 1.6, 16V with an Z16XER engine, 71k miles.

Recently I've had a loss of power when accelerating, otherwise all else seems OK (no strange noises etc).

The two pedal trick gives me the following ECU numbers on milometer, a quick google gives the meaning:
036504 (P0365) ?? 'Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit No Signal'
001466 (P0014) ?? 'Exhaust Camshaft Phasing Mechanics Malfunction'

Points me to the exhaust camshaft sensor. I've got a replacement Delphi sensor being delivered, just wondered how the hell the connector on the sensor is unclipped... pressing and lifting the tab on the side doesn't seem to help release the connection, any clues please?
(See photo's). Also, to confirm, is the exhaust cam sensor the one to the front of the engine (nearest exhaust manifold)?

Thanks!

Hoping this is just the sensor, other posts seem to suggest this could be much more expensive (...solenoids, actuators and cam sprockets)
Any advice welcomed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried both directions using the tab? Like you I would go to pressing it and wiggling like hell while gently pulling but you never know!

Yep -both pushed in and pulled out. This is a 10 year old connector, so I don't want to push my luck too much and break it.
I'll wait for the replacement to be delivered and see wait retaining lugs are moulded into it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would try a small flat blade screw driver up the back of it and gently try and prise that tab outwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's a blue tab lock on the side that needs to be pulled out slightly with a flat-head screw driver, and then you can push down on the clip and it'll slide off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe of interest to others with this problem; before the sensor arrived I popped on an Elm OBD2 clip and used it to reset the ECU codes - expecting the codes to reappear straight away (or at least after a mile or 2).

It's now been a week, I've done a few hundred miles and still no engine management light or ECU codes have appeared - so may have been an ECU / sensor hiccup? Whatever, I'll keep the spare sensor to hand in case of a re-occurrence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts