Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have been having problems with my alarm on my sri since buying the car just over a year ago. The dealer have changed all sorts of things, the last being something in the fuse box but still it goes off when it likes but without the hazard lights flashing:mad:

My 1st Astra H 2.0T Sri had exactly the same fault (and a few others) and eventually I changed the car as it was causing me so many problems with the neighbours only to get the same fault again.:'(

I have reported the problem to VX customer services who today have informed me that the car will have to go back to the dealer again (approx 35 mile round trip) but for the 1st time ever they have offered me a hire car(Y)

The alarm was so bad the weekend before last when I came to start the car the battery was dead and as it was outside the house NetworkQ would not help me. I had to borrow a car to get to the dealers who gave me a booster pack to try to start it (in all another 70 miles and eventually no car for 5 days).

The dealer have told me that they have changed everything they can and the car will need to be inspected by a VX rep who will make a descision on what to do. :sus:
My relationship with my neighbours is really good now............ they have reported me to both the police and local council for causing noise pollution:'( ................ so as you can imagine, we ain't on speaking terms!

Has anyone else had an on going alarm fault that looks like a visit from a VX rep to inspect the car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 1.8 SRI. 2 yrs old now. Local vx dealer told me it was to do with an electrical pulse from the cd player clashing with the alarm circuit. Problem sorted just by reprogramming apparently. Sounded feasible at the time. Damned annoying problem tho! Might be worth mentioning this to your dealer as I was told vx were aware of the problem. Good luck. Riz.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I asked today about pulling the fuse or something but they said if it was stolen and proved the alarm was disabled then my insurance might not pay up!!

As for the cd player, I will let them know tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When the first astra h came out there where a lot of electrical faults on them , one of them being the alarm. First it was a software update of the rear electrical center(REC) .Then Vauxhall realeased some new REC 's to fit and program. This to my knowlage sorted out the alarm problem. The guys down at your local vauxhall dealer should know this info. They may have done this allready and for some reason it has not worked. The power sounder was not getting a perminant live or something......

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks Bowlar. The car is going in after Easter for them to look at again and decide what to do next! In the meantime it has so far improved but it has gone off twice (no hazards) since having the 'REC' fitted. When they plug it in to read the codes it comes up with communication error?
Fingers crossed they will sort it out. Thanks again. Dave.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
sorry to hear your problems mate, it is not good and i do hope you get it fix. I had the same problem as you, the alarm would just go off for no reason which does not when my neighbour lets me park the car on his driveway and the bloody thing goes of early in the morning.Took it to the dealers and they done something to the car with a part and software update and in the process of them doing wiping my remap off back in January and it was fine, now for the last week or so it has been going off if i set the alarm, dont know if i can be arsed to take it to them again as i need my car for work so for the time being i have just locked the car with out setting the alarm and decide what to do

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
after the fix get the alarm checked out by another stealer...

i've had my alarm issue fixed, and front sensors still work but at vxrpc other week, just before santa pod, their tech2 picked up that my rear alarm sensors werent registering as present on the front ecu???? disconnected??? hmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts