Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am having an annoying issue with my folding drivers seat and wondered if anyone knows if it is fixable....

After folding it forwards when you push it back the left side of the seat locks in place a few CM before the right hand side. The result is the seat is slightly wonky/wobbly. This is very annoying.

If any one has any idea on how to go about fixing this I would be very grateful - alternatively I would much prefer full/part leather seats if anyone has some for sale!!!

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Harrogate, I have had a play round with it and tried to fix it - taking it out was the next step but wouldn't really know what I was doing.

I have been to my local dealer at lunch as the car is still under warranty until the 11th of October... They are going to inspect it for free but I am a little worried they wont do anything as the car was in an accident and the airbags were deployed, so a chance they will say it is because of that.

It's going in on Friday so will let you know if they agree to fix it for me!!!

If not will have ago myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, Thanks for the offer.

I have taken them out - you are right it is very simple., it's a lot easier to work with once they are out.

I'm not sure how best to describe it but... the metal bar that goes from one end to the other that you use to incline the seat, if I pull it out of one end and twist just the right hand side it will line up perfectly.

How ever you can not push it back in the other side as the bar no longer lines up with the stupidly shaped hole!!?!?

I can not see anyway or getting in to the bit that seems to lock it back in place and short of using a hammer to force the bar back in the other side I am out of ideas!!!

Well if you ever near me il give a helping hand its easy enough to take the seats out :)

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
No problem, next option is a hammer lol, like i said if your ever near il take a look at it for you

Have you got any pics?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts